High viscosity HEC used in petroleum drilling
1. Hydroxyethyl cellulose( HEC). possesses trustworthy properties in respects of thickness promotion emulsification, suspension, dispersion, cohesion, moisture- keeping and anti-microbic fuction etc
2. Longou International business Co, Ltd is at present the largest HEC production base at home, the corporation can provide surface-treated and untreated series. various kinds of HEC with various viscosities, which finds wide misapplication suspension polystyrene, foamable polystyrene, emulsion and new-type acrylic resin emulsion paint, colorful paint, ion exchange resin, daily-use chemicals and such departments as well drilling in oil fields, builing material textile, printing and dyeing and mintage machining etc providing good properties in thickness promotion emulsification, suspension, dispersion, moisture-keeping and anti-microbic function etc.
3. The appearance of HEC is tasteless, odorless and non-toxic white to slight yellow granular powder. It is nonionic cellulose ether. HEC has functions of thickening, building emulsifying, dispersing, stabilizing and water-maintaining. It is easily dissolved in cold and hot water to provide a wide range of solution viscosity, form film and offer protective colloid effect. HEC is thickener of high concentration electrolyte. Its water-retaining capacity is twice as MC. It has a good flow regulation.
HEC in petroleum drilling--1
|Appearance||White freely flowing powder|
|Viscosity(2% solution)||45,000--60,000(mPa.s, NDJ-1)|
|Viscosity(2% solution)||23,000--32,000 (mPa.s, Brookfield)|
1. In petroleum drilling, High viscosity HEC mainly used as thickenier in completion and finishing fluid and Low viscosity HEC as water loss controller.
2. In a variety of mud needed for drilling, completion, cementing and fracturing operation, HEC used as thickener will impart good mobility and stability to mud.
3. In drilling fluid, HEC can increase mud, sand carrying capability and extend the service life of drill bits. In low solid completion fluid and cementing fluid, with its excellent property of water lose controlling, HEC can prevent large amount of water from the mud into the oil reservoir to increase reservoir production capability.
➢ High thickening effect
➢ Excellent rheological properties
➢ Dispersion and solubility
➢ Storage stability